This policy encompasses the following web sites:
- Simmarcom limited, hosted at https://www.simmarcom.co.uk
- Simmarcom helpdesk, hosted at https://helpdesk.simmarcom.co.uk
- Gadget Savvy, hosted, at https://www.gadgetsavvy.co.uk
- Mingoes, hosted, at https://www.mingoes.co.uk
- Coffee Spout, hosted at https://www.coffeespout.co.uk
- Simmarcom’s web applications, hosted at https://survey.simmarcom.co.uk
Where there are specific clauses for a particular site, those clauses are clearly highlighted in this policy.
What is a cookie?
Some cookies are “temporary” which means they expire when you close your browser. Some cookies are “permanent” which do expire but over a longer time period. We use both types of cookie.
Cookies we us on our sites
- Manage your interactions with the site, and for some sites the use of these cookies are essential for a site’s proper operation. For example, cookies are used to track the items in your basket as you browse around our shop.
All of these cookies are non-essential and you can safely delete them. They do not store personal information about you.
Other cookies that may be placed
Other services linked to our sites may place their own cookies:
- Social media: If you click on a social media button (for example if you want to like, share a blog post or a page), the social media service places additional cookies in your browser to facilitate sharing on their service whilst you remain on our site.
All of these cookies are non-essential and you can safely delete them. This might mean to have to login again to a social media service if you want to like or share a page or post.
When you click on a link to navigate away from our site, we cannot control how the other site works or what cookies it uses. You should check their policies before interacting.
You may delete cookies in your browser software at any time. You may also change the configuration settings in your browser to decline cookies in the future (please refer to the website of your browser manufacturer for instructions).
Please be aware that some functions of our sites cannot properly operate without cookies.
Your consent is requested when you first visit our site. If you wish not to consent, then do not use this site.
Independent information on cookies
There are many comprehensive internet sources of information about cookies, such as the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office web page.
Changes to this policy
To improve performance and usability, control essential use or to improve your experience when using our websites and to accommodate technical developments in commonly-used Internet systems, the types of cookies used might change in the future, with such changes reflected in this policy.
Updated 30/12/2014. Example of blog cookie added. Clarification of site URLs
Updated 23/08/2016. Advertising cookie information clarified
Updated 17/01/2018. Updated to reflect changes to the domain names (URLs) of our application services to survey.simmarcom.co.uk
Updated 11/04/2018. Minor layout changes.
Updated 16/5/2018. Updated for GDPR, and we combined individual policies from our various sites and services